Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Easter Bunny Spinner

Hello Ai fans!

I'm using the Mini Bunny Spinner Set 4732 as the focal point for this weeks Easter card.  I also had to use some more stamps from Sweet Easter Set 5004 as accents.  I love that the mini spinner sets come with the stamps and matching die cuts.  It makes them really easy to fit the front and back images together.  Plus, spinner cards create that wow factor every time.



I started by stamping the back and front of the bunny spinner images and the mug of flowers onto Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium White Card Stock with Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink.  I colored all of the images in with my Copic markers. I went over some areas with my Prismacolor colored pencils to deepen the shadows. I've listed the colors at the bottom of this post.  I cut both sides of the bunny spinner with the die cut.  I cut the mug of flowers with my detail scissors. I cut two pieces of the Authentique Latest and Greatest 6x6 paper pad with the Mama Elephant All Prettied Up die Cut. They are going to go on each side of my card front, so I cut a circle opening a white A2 card with a circle die right behind the scalloped circle opening. I used a circle die that was a bit larger than the scalloped circle so the white paper wasn't visible through the Authentique patterned paper once I added it to the card.



It was very easy to assemble the spinner portion.  I cut a 5" piece of pink DMC floss.  It has six strands.  I pulled them apart because I only needed one.  I applied a thin layer of Tim Holtz Collage Medium to one side of the bunny spinner and added the DMC floss right down the center and tapped it into the collage medium. Then I attached the other side of the bunny spinner so the two colored sides are facing out and lined up perfectly.  I pushed the two together with my fingers to make sure everything was sticking together and then placed it under a hard, flat surface to dry.

Once the Bunny Spinner was dry, I was ready to put together the card.  I added a tiny piece of 1/8" adhesive to the top and bottom of the circle cut out area on the card front. I stuck down the bunny spinner string into the adhesive.  I was sure to position the bunny where I wanted it in the center of the circle. I added 1/8" adhesive to the back of the blue piece of patterned and die cut paper, centered it on the card and stuck it down.  I repeated the process on the back of the card front with the pink piece of patterned paper.  This created a sandwich to hide all of the spinner workings.



I created a few other items to accent the card.  I was going to add a plain pink piece of paper to the inside of the card but it looked really plain.  I used my Tim Holtz Bubble stencil and my mini ink blending tool to go over it with Spun Sugar Distress ink to create my own pattern paper. I cut a small piece of the Authentique paper from a Spellbinders Labels Two and added a sentiment over that with foam tape. I added the mug of flowers to the card front with foam tape.
the last thing I did was wind up the bunny to place it in an envelope.  When the card is opened, the bunny will spin around!

Copics:
Bunny - W5, W3, W1, RV10
Mug - R81, R83, R85
Ribbon - YG61, YG63, YG67

Prismacolor Colored Pencils:
Mug - Mulberry 995
Lily - Spring Green 913, Chartreuse 1004


Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

No comments: