Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Happy 50th Birthday Jon!!!

Hello Ai fans!

My brother is turning 50 this year so his card couldn't be very serious.  It had to be super fun.  I had the perfect Art Impressions stamps for his card.  I used the Guinea Pig Out Set along with the Pig Flutter Set to make a fun birthday card that I think he'll enjoy.


The large image from Guinea Pig Out Set and the pig and it's wings from the Pig Flutter Set were stamped onto Canson XL watercolor paper with Jet Black Archival Ink and painted with the Jane Davenport Watercolors. A very light layer of Prismacolor colored pencils was added over some areas of the guinea pigs to add depth. The colors used are listed below. The pig wings were colored over with the clear Spectrum Noir Sparkle Marker to add shimmer.  The front image was cut and layered onto the card Using the phrase about being old when pigs fly.



The pig and the wings from the Pig Flutter Set were cut out using the die cuts that came in the set.  The set comes with easy to follow directions that made it easy for the pig to be assembled.  Once the pig was together it was added to the inside of the card using foam tape. When the card opens, it reveals a flying pig!


I also made a simpler card that just has the flying pig on the front of the card.  The entire card front was assembled like the inside of the previous card so the pig flutter was on the card front.  



Jane Davenport Watercolor Colors's used:
Pig - Kiss Kiss, Cocoa, Buff, Raven
Wings - Dove
Guinea Pigs - Kiss Kiss, Cocoa, Buff, Spice
Cake/ Accents - Blueberry, Butterfly, Ladybug, Mango

Prismacolor Colored Pencil Color's used:
Guines Pigs - Light Umber, Putty Beige, Goldenrod
Cake - Cool Grey 20%

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!


5 comments:

bookbabe1 said...

Jil... Love everything about this! I'm just down I4 from you in Lakeland.
Would you please share the prisma colors for your flying pig? Love what you did with them - looks realistic and cute. Do you ever come this way? We have a SUPER stamp store here - Violette's. She carries AI so you should come over and teach. Fun! Hope to hear from you.
Sadie Darby

Jil Lebel said...

Hi Sadie, Thank you! I'm glad you liked this card. I used just a few Prismacolors on the Guinea Pig's but none on the pig. They are Light Umber, Putty Beige and Goldenrod. I've
been to Violette's many times over the years and just love that store! I've bought a few Ai stamps there. I don't teach like I used to, but maybe I'll start up again in the future. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Jil

bookbabe1 said...

How did you color the piggy?
Sadie

Jil Lebel said...

Hi Sadie,
The pig is watercolored with the Jane Davenport watercolors. I used the colors Kiss Kiss, Cocoa, Buff & Raven. I just did a few layers of colors starting with Cocoa & Buff. I added in the pinks with the Kiss Kiss. The feet are Raven. I was pretty generous witht he water so the colors weren't too dark. Jil

bookbabe1 said...

Thanks for your reply. Would love to meet you if you come back to Lakeland.