Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Updated Stamp Room

I'm going to show you the updated pictures of my stamp room.  Some things have changed in the last few months.  I've added in some Alex drawers from Ikea.  I just love them!   Each drawer holds two of the big clear trays I use to hold my stamps, only I put embelishments in them.  I got rid of my Iris carts.  The Alex drawers hold more in less space. The best part is that they were onlt $75 each at Ikea.  I've been able to keep next to nothing on my countertops.  Like before, my stamp room is just half of a room.  The main change is that the carpet is gone.  This wasn't by choice, my stamp room flooded while I was in the hospital over the summer.  We had a pipe burst in the wall and figure it was leaking for over a week.  We took out all of the carpet & my stamp room is all cement until we can decide how we want to do the floors.  We're leaning towards tile.  We've also painted the room with two shades of blue paint. My old stamp room is shown in my earlier posts.  It has some more detailed pictures.  This is just to show the changed layout.  I'll come back with some organization tips in another post. 

This is the top of my Alex drawers.  It's where my stamp room starts at the back of the wall.  I have two smaller stamp drawers with a mail center on top of it.  All of my ribbons sit on the drawers.

This is a view of both of the Alex drawers.  Right next to them is my stamp cabinets.  I have my Cuttlebug 7 toaster oven on top of this cabinet.


This is my other cabinet with the paper cutter on top.  The rainbow drawers hold all of my unmounted stamps.  They are all labeled so i can easily find them.  All of my mounts are in the top left hand drawer.  They're really easy to get to because they are right next to my stamp desk.


This is my stamp desk.  It is set into half of the closet.  It's not as messy as it looks.  The back is cork board.  I tack up many of my embelishments & a color wheel.  Plus I have some artwork on it.  I keep my favorite tools in the revolving caddy  & then my colored pencils are in cups.  I use a foam place mat covered in the Ranger non-stick surface to stamp onto. 


This is the top of my stamp desk.  I keep my pre-folded A2 cards in the cubby.  I also have my Tim Holtz reinkers & double stick tape in that cubby.  The two recipe boxes are actually my Cuttlebug embossing folders.  My husband made me ink pad holders out of foam core.  I found the instructions on Splitcoaststampers.  I have one other on the shelves next to my table.


I have two paper racks right next to my desk.  They fit perfectly on the piece of wall that seperates the two closets.  I got these from Impressions From the Heart when they went out of business.  I miss the store, but I really love having the paper racks. 

1 comment:

Mimucardartist said...

I love your stamp room, it's small but really organized and I love your ink pad storage. I think your work is very good and I'm pleased to be associated with someone with all that talent.
Mary(missmary1940)