Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!  I have a few halloween boxes to share with you.  We always have a halloween party & this year I used my Crafters Companion to make some treat boxes.  They were super easy & rather fun to make.  I've ben trying to simplify some of my stamping while I use stamps & products I've been holding onto too long.  It goes along wiht my need to use up my scraps & conserve my full sheets of paper.  These projects feel into that category.  The coffin is made with a glosy patterned paper I've been holding onto for years.  I wanted to keep it for the perfect project.  That's just silly!  I realized that when I lost most of my papers when my stamp room flooded.  So, I got them out to make some spooky coffins.  I was going to decorate them, but the paper was the decoration.  I put skull & crossbones candy in them.  The other box is made with my Nestabilities Labels 1 that I had to have & haven't used much.  I also used a $1 clear stamp & scraps.  I put two peanut butter cups in each one.  I love how they turned out.   I think they'll be a big hit at the party. 



This coffin was made with my Crafters Companion Ultimate tool.  I used the magic ruler technique that is explained in the video that came with the tool.  I thought the glossy paper was perfect to make a coffin.  Don't you?

I cut two labels 1 pieces out of burgandy scrap paper.  I then made a small box with the box maker portion of my ultimate tool out of black linen paper.  The labels are attached to the top & bottom of the box. 

Stamps:  Happy Halloween-Inkadinkado, Scratched-Stampin' Up!
Inks:  Moonlight White Brilliance Pearlescent Ink Pad
Paper:  Black Linen, Burgandy Linen
Accessories: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 1, Black Flat-Backed Pearls

No comments: