Saturday, November 14, 2009

Black Magic Technique

This is the coolest technique.  I found it on a blog that was listed on Splitcoaststampers.  I don't have the link or her name.  My computer is acting stupid.  Until I can get it fixed up, I don't have my favorites list.  I may have a chance to so some surfing today to find some of my favorite blogs.

The concept is rather simple & lends itself to bold stamps & we all know I have about 75% bold stamps in my collection.  Start with dark paper and stamp your image with a white ink pad.  I prefer a pigment pad.  Then color over the white areas with Prismacolor colored pencils.  Start by covering the larger areas with a lighter color & add accents with the darker colors.  I then come back in with a white gel pen to highlight some of the areas with dots or dashes.


Stamps:  Posh Impressions- Julie"s Rose & flower border
Inks:  Pearlescent Moonlight White
Papers: Plum, Light Pink
Accessories: Prismacolor Colored Pencils, Inkssentials White Opaque gel Pen, Pilot Silver Paint Pen, Deckle Edge Scissors, Flat Backed Pearls



Stamps:  Inkadinkado Clear Sets
Ink: Brilliance Moonlight White Ink Pad
Papers:  Navy Blue, Cougar White, Light Blue
Accessories:  Prismacolor Colored Pencils, Inkssentials White Opaque Gel Pen, Pilot Silver Paint Pen, Cuttlebug Birds on Vines Embossing Folder

No comments: