Monday, November 2, 2009

New Medallion Stamp

I just got the Medallion stamp from Stampin' Up!  along with the new in color re-inkers and some of the Champagne mist shimmer paint.  I am in love with all of it.  I mixed the re-inker with the shimmer paint with a two to one ratio, using one part ink & two parts shimmer.  Then I pounced it onto my stamp with a paint dauber.  I saw this technique on Andrea Walfords you tube videos.  You can just search her name.  She makes some great videos.  Once I stamped them onto my paper, I filled in the background with my Posh Splatter It Up! stamp using the same technique.  I pulled the inked dauber along the edges of my top layer. I added rhinestones & flat backed pearls in selected areas of the medallion.  I ended up making several sets of five to go into the gift boxes I showed you in an earlier post.  I'm going to need more shimmer paint!  The good thing is that the paints are made by Tsukeneko and can be easily found with a yahoo search.  The one's sold by Stampin' Up!  are quite expensive so I had to find another source.  Here are the five colors I made.  I didn't list supplies for each card.  They're all the same with just a change in color. 





No comments: