Sunday, August 22, 2010

Flocked Rooster

I just bought some flocked paper from My Mind's Eye.  It's from the Haunted collection.  I've been making a Halloween book with it & just love the look of the flocking on the kraft paper.  So, I got to thinking that it would be really cool to make some matching tags.  So, I got out my stamps, my glue pad & flocking and made some matching tags.  Then I realized that Posh stamps will be erfect to flock. They're bold & have alot of surface for the flocking.  I was right.  They look great!  The only problem is that the flocked images are not perfect for photographs.  They look really fuzzy when photographed.  Of course, that is because flocking IS fuzzy.  It feels like velvet.  It's just not that great of a look when photographed.  So, please keep in mind that they look much better in person.  I'm going to film a technique video for you tube.  We'll see if it looks just as bad when filmed.  I really hope not! 
The technique is really simple.  Just stamp your image onto kraft paper using a glue ink pad.  I have both Tsukineko & Martha Stewart ink pads.  Reink it wach time you use it after it's been put away.  Apply a generous amount of flock over the image.  Rub it in with your fingers in a circular motion.  Rub off the excess & put it back into it's jar.  Set it aside to dry.  I did the background layer of swirls this way.  I did the Rooster in different sections.  For that I just added small amounts of different flock & then rubbed it in.  I brushed off the excess & threw it away.  Again, sorry the picture looks so blurry.  JIL
Stamps: Posh Asian set 1 & 2
Paper: Kraft Cardstock, My Mind's Eye Life Stories paper, Black linen cardstock
Inks: Martha Stewart Glue Pad, Stampin Up Crumb cake, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Warm Red, Black Soot Distress ink
Accessories: Studio G flock in red, brown & teal, Gold flat backed pearls, Stamping up brad, Coffee filters (for flower)

No comments: