Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Congratulations Card

I just wanted to pop in and show another card I made this week.  It was really easy to put together.  It's a Congratulations card for one of my mother's friends who made our local paper.  She wanted it to be masculine and gave me no other guidelines to follow.  Right away, I thought of my Tim Holtz collections.  It really was a no-brainer.  I started with a circle card cut file on my Silhouette Cameo along with a scalloped circle.  I scored the circle card in half to make it into an easel card.  I used the tattered clock face die as the focal piece.  I cut it with chipboard.  It was first painted with my espresso paint dabber followed by a light sponging of paint with my gold paint dabber.  I used BoBunny paper.  The Congratulations stamp is from a wonderful stamp set from Stampin' Up and was stamped with coffee Archival ink.  I added some game spinners & a gear to the center with a long brad.  They're all from Tim Holtz.  The punches I used were also from Stampin' Up.  Thanks for stopping by!  JIL


No comments: