Friday, March 15, 2013

Riley Color Challenge

The challenge on the Riley blog this week is a color challenge.  You needed to use the colors blue, green & yellow.  I've been trying to simplify some of my cards a bit.  I know I can add too many embelishments.  So, I went with some banners & a simpler card for this challenge.  I am loving how it turned out.

The Riley golfing image is stamper with Jet Black Archial ink onto my usual cryogen white cardstock.  I just love how it sparkles.  I know most people use the memento black with alcohol markers, but I really love the crisper image I get from Archival ink.  If you use Archival ink, be sure to heat set it before coloring or else your image will smudge.  I colored Riley with my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers.  He is colored with the following markers: Riley TN3 TN5 TN6 TN8, Hooves & Antlers EB3, Grass DG2, Ball BG1 BG2, Club IG3


 
 
SUPPLIES:

STAMPS:  Riley & Co. golfer

PAPERS:  Cryogen White Cardstock, Making Memories Fresh Anthology, K & Co. Blue Awning Specialty

INKS:  Jet Black Archival, Gathered Twigs Distress, Spectrum noir Alcohol Markers

MISC. : Spellbinders Labels 2, Martha Stewart Twine, Tim Holtz Distress Tool, Stampin Up! Phote Corner Punch, Dolce thickers

I also wanted to share a picture of my son Jon bringing home his new dog last week.  We selected him from all of the needy animals at our local shelter.  His name is Sherlock holmes.  Here he is!

No comments: