Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Vintage Valentine Card


Roxy has a challenge on her Facebook page that runs until tomorrow.  It is to make a vintage Valentine using a vintage postcard image and a doily.  I love challenges with very open rules.

I have my Valentine supplies in a box on my desk.  I find it helpful to have them just shoved in the box so I have to dig through them.  That way I remember what I have to use.  I usually hate clutter on my desk.  Something about it being in a box makes it feel contained so it works for me.

The card is pretty straight forward.  I stamped two of the border stamps four times onto the kraft card stock base with unicorn white pigment ink.  I cut & attached the vintage valentine paper onto the card with foam tape.  I lightly inked it & the heart doily with my distress inks. The Valentine greeting was stamped with Archival ink & cut to fit behind the metal frame.  I then attached everything with Fabri-Tac glue. 

The seam binding was from a large piece that I dyed quite some time ago.  I just sprayed it with mixes of water & Distress reinkers. I used victorian velvet, stormy sky & bundled sage. I scrunched it up with my fingers & dried it with my heat gun.

The bottle cap charm was also in my collection.  I had made a whole bunch of them at once.  I get the bottle caps from The Bottle Cap Queen in Daytona Beach, Florida.  She lists them on Etsy. She has great prices & service.  I ordered my bottle caps all ready flattened. I punched a hole in the top & bottom with the Tim Holtz jewelry punch & added some bead dangles I had in my collection. I bought a sheet of vintage images made for bottle caps from KSP (Kitties Scrap Post) which is also on Etsy.  I punched them out with my 1" circle punch & added them to the bottle cap on both sides with glossy accents.  Then I put a clear domed circle sticker over top of each image.  Mine are from Michael's but I've seen them at Hobby Lobby. I added some silver stickles around the edge and let it dry.  




SUPPLIES:

PAPERS: Recollections white heart doily,  Kraft card stock, Valentine postcard decorative paper, Vintage Valentine bottle cap sheet from KSP (Kitties Scrap Post), Cosmo Cricket 6x6 Tea For Two paper pad

STAMPS: Recollections Craft It Valentine Border, Stamping & Scrapping Greeting stamp set

INKS & PAINTS: Hero Arts Unicorn White Pigment Ink, Silver Stickles,  Antique Linen, Gathered Twigs Distress Ink Pads, Potting Soil Archival ink pad

EMBELLISHMENTS: Seam binding, Bottle cap, Clear domed circle sticker, Metal frame, Spare Parts White, Beaded Micro Flowers

ADHESIVES: Glossy Accents, Foam Tape, Fabri-Tac

No comments: