Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day

This was the last Valentine's day card I made.  I wasn't quite sure where I was going with it when I started, but I knew I wanted it to be a shaker card.  I also knew that I wanted to use some of the perler beads that I had melted down.  I found it easiest to melt them on a craft mat at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. I let them cool & just popped them off.  I mostly wanted the striped beads that ended up looking like candy.

I stamped the Recollections jar stamp onto a piece of transparency with black Staz-On ink & set it aside to dry.  I also stamped it onto several different pieces of decorative papers from MME & Cosmo Cricket. I cut a square with my spellbinders as well as a scalloped square the next size up.  Then I cut another square for the top layer.  I stamper the jar in the center and cut the jar portion out with an craft knife.  I used the beige ink to stamp the Corinthians script on the pink layers.  I attached a paper pieced top to the jar.  I went over all of the edges with my Rocket Red ink pad.  I used my ATG tape to add the acetate piece to the center of the jar.  I added two layers of foam tape to the back of the square piece to hold in the beads.  I glued the two back layers together & set the perler beads where I wanted them to go & put the jar piece down around them.  I was careful not to over fill the shaker area. I added a punch out of a tiny velveteen paper heart onto the jar.

I kept the card base simple.  I wrapped a piece of twine a few times around a piece of Cosmo Cricket paper & tied it off with a bow.  Then I attached that layer with foam tape.  The greeting was stamped on a scrap piece of decorative paper & added with foam tape.  I finished off the front by adding three flowers at the base of the jar & a tiny twine bow onto the jar.

I chose to decorate the inside of this card to use up more scraps.  I also bought one more stamp set on clearance at Michael's & wanted to use it.  It has no name, but it's a clear set made by Recollections and is a bunch of banner shapes. I stamped six different banner shapes with Versafine ink onto my paper scraps & cut them out.  I also punched out several small hearts with a punch.  I edged all of the banner pieces & hearts with the Memento marker.  I glues them across the inside of the card to spell love.  I added tiny twine bows at each end.  I also added in the inside part of the jar that was cut from the front square.  I edged it with the Memento marker.  I added a paper pieced top.  I stamped a greeting with the Rocket Red ink.










SUPPLIES:

PAPERS: My Minds Eye(MME) Lost & Found, Heirloom 6"x6" paper, Cosmo Cricket Tea For Two 6"x6" paper, acetate, pink velveteen paper,

STAMPS: Craftsmart jar stamp,Paper inspirations  1 Cor. Background Script, Stampin' Scrapping greeting set, Recollections banner clear stamp set,  PXS Happy Valentine's Day

INKS & PAINTS: Tuxedo black Memento ink pad, Jet Black Staz On ink pad, Onyx Black Versafine Ink pad, Tuxedo Black Memento Marker, Faber Castell Pitt artist pen big brush black, Brilliance pearlescent beige ink pad,

EMBELLISHMENTS: Melted Perler beads, Spare Parts White Beaded Micro Flowers, red & white twine

ADHESIVES: ATG tape, foam tape, Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive

CUTTING:  Spellbinders small squares & small scalloped squares Nestabilities, Fiskars small heart punch
























































No comments: