Saturday, April 4, 2015

Baby Shower Invitation

I haven't posted in a while, but not for the usual reasons.  I haven't lost interest.  I've been working on a large project that has taken all of my time.   I actually have been working on a few projects, but the large project is finished.  I've been making 30 invitations for a baby shower.  I decided to use an image of a bear in a moon & water color it.  It is so cute, but so time consuming.  I also foiled the sentiment on the front of the invitation.  I had to figure out how to best do that with my laminating machine.  I've also done a chipboard album & a guest book.  I'll post those when they are completed.  I have done a video on the invitation along with my Easter card that I'll show in a later blog post.

The invitations are really straightforward.  I guess you could call them clean & simple.  That is something I never do.  I'm just not good at it.  I didn't even add foam tape!  I simply used my Strathmore cold press 140 lb. watercolor paper & cut it out with the petite oval nestabilities.  I stamped the image onto the oval with my Versamark watermark ink pad & embossed it with my black Powder Keg embossing powder.  I was sure to first use an embossing buddy on the paper so I didn't have any stray embossing powder.  I then colored in the imaged with my Twinking H2O's.  When I use my H20's, I always spray them with water ahead of time so they form a creamy paint.  I like to apply them with a waterbrush.  I find that the stiff bristles on the brush give me more control than other brushes. From there it was just a matter of layering everything together.  The foiling is the only other unique thing that I did.  I got the idea of using my lamination machine to foil my greeting from Jennifer Maguire.  She shows you how to do it on you tube.  Just search it & it will come up.  I always love her ideas.  This picture is a bit washed out, but you get the idea. Just let me know if you have any questions.



SUPPLIES:

PAPERS: Mambi Baby Girl 12x12 paper stack, DCWV Metallic Textured Paper Pink, 140 Lb. Strathmore cold press watercolor paper

STAMPS:  Inkadinkado teddybear & saying

INKS & PAINTS: Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid ink pad, Versafine Onyx Black ink pad, Versamark Watermark ink pad, Twinkling H2O's baby's breath, chiffon pink, celestial sun, golden sand

ADHESIVES: Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive,

MISCELLANEOUS: Powder Keg black embossing powder, heat tool, Minc light pink foil, laminating machine, deco crop-a-dile corner rounder, Claudine Hellmuth #4 round paint brush, fine tip water brush, Spellbinders Nestabilities small & large long rectangles, large petite ovals & large petite scalloped ovals

No comments: