Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Altenew Let It Shine Homework Day 5

I am very late in getting my post up.  I had my card almost finished & then I had a bunch of other stuff to do around the house.  I had a chance to get back to it today.  I ended up making my favorite thing lately, a shaker card.  I also went with really light colors.  It's way different from my usual style & I just love it.

The class topic was foil.  Mainly how to use foil without a laminating machine or a minc.  I happen to have both, but I decided to stay true to class.  I colored the love die cut with my Spectrum Noir markers & then used my Zig two way glue pen to make the bottom sticky & added foil to the sticky part.  The back of the shaker frame is from the 6x6 paper pad Kioshi from Basic Grey. I cut out my shaker frame with my Nestabilites using two layers of fun foam & a top layer of patterned paper.  I edged my card & top layer of the shaker card with the two way pen & then added gold foil to them.  I added some die cut gold hearts across the card.  The shaker is filled with clear sequins as well as clear flower sequins.  I added gold sequins first & it looked awful! So I obviously took them out & opted for clear sequins.  I really think the soft colors with hints of gold are perfect for spring.

I really enjoyed this class.  I'm taking the new one at online card classes this week.  After that I think I may go back to Altanew academy & take the watercolor class.  I find it fun to have a specific technique to challenge myself to try each day.




STAMPS:  Altenew-Vintage Roses

DIES & PUNCHES: Martha Stewart - Cherish Hearts Punch, Recollections Mini Heart Punch from $1.50 section, Spellbinder Labels TenNestabilities, Lawn Fawn Scripty Love

INKS: Versamark Watermark Ink Pad, Tim Holtz Distress Inkpads - Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Candy Apple, Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers G1, G2, G3

PAPER: 100 lb. Strathmore 300 Series Bristol Paper, Gold Mirror Cardstock, Kioshi 6x6 paper pad-Basic Grey

ADHESIVE: Ranger Multi-Medium Matte, Ranger Adhesive Sheets, Zig Two Way Glue Pen

OTHER: Victorian Gold Embossing Powder E.P.(1/2 Ranger Gold E.P. & 1/2 Ranger Tinsel Gold E.P., , Gold Foil

No comments: