Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Altenew Let It Shine Homework Day 4

Class discussion was about using mirror card stock.  Carissa shares my belief that a little goes a long way.  I love tons of glitter & shimmer, but flat out gold can take over a card fast.  She did three cards for us, but I only had time for one.  I used parts from a card I had started back on day two.  When I did the watercolor roses on watercolor paper I also did one on my Bristol paper to see how it worked.  It came out great as expected.

I used the technique where you make one rectangle image & cut two smaller rectangles out of it.
Then just cut out two black layers just slightly larger than the two rectangles & layer them all together.  It ends up looking like you did more work than you did.  I mounted mine on foam tape for added impact.  I added the words love you that I did cut from gold mirror paper to the center piece of my card.  I also added a cut out rose that was left over from my earlier project.  I only have one tiny heart punch so I looked around at all of my punches.  It turns out I have a few border punches with little hearts in them.  I even have the Prima gear die cuts with tiny hearts in them.  I punched & added some gold hearts to my project to finish it off. I love the little pops of gold throughout the card.



STAMPS:  Altenew-Vintage Roses

DIES & PUNCHES: Martha Stewart - Cherish Hearts Punch, Recollections Mini Heart Punch from $1.50 section,Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlit - Celebration Words, Script, Spellbinder Large Rectangle Nestabilities

INKS: Versamark Watermark Ink Pad, Tim Holtz Distress Inkpads - Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Candy Apple, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss

PAPER: 100 lb. Strathmore 300 Series Bristol Paper, Gold Mirror Cardstock, 65 lb. Recollections Black Cardstock

ADHESIVE: Ranger Multi-Medium Matte, 1/2' Double Stick Tape,  Foam Tape

OTHER: Victorian Gold Embossing Powder E.P.(1/2 Ranger Gold E.P. & 1/2 Ranger Tinsel Gold E.P., Gold Bling, Mini Distress Applicator, Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer, Tim Holtz Distress Splatter Brush

No comments: