Saturday, June 18, 2016

Altenew Academy "Beautiful Details" Homework Day 1

I am taking the newest Altenew Academy class Beautiful Details with Marika Rahtu. I really enjoyed the other classes I took so I've been jumping on each new class offered.  They have been offering these six day classes for under ten dollars & have a 20% off discount that is good until the day before the class starts.  My class was just over seven dollar.  It's an incredible value! Check them out here

The first day class was about taking a bold image & making a different image with it & then drawing in the details of what you see.  I started by looking through my bold Altenew stamps to see if any shapes jumped out at me.  I looked through them a few times before I suddenly saw the Peach Tree stamp set different & thought it might work perfect as a hydrangea.  After a few tries it did!  Once I found the right color markers, It came together. I used the two colors of markers to stamp the two larger parts of the tree in a bunch to look like flowers.  I used the same inking more than once.I then added in the leaves from the Painted Flowers set.  I covered up quite a bit of the color when I added in the petal shapes with my Copic MutiLiner, but I really think the card turned out great n the end.  The background is sponged with Distress inks & then I added some drops of water to get the white spots.  I also splattered it with some perfect pearl spray. A video is in the works.



STAMPS:  Altenew- Beautiful Day, Painted Flowers, Peach Tree

INKS: VersaFine Onyx Black Ink Pad, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads- Shabby Shutters, Shaded Lilac, Tumbled Glass, Tim Holtz Distress Markers- Shaded Lilac, Tumbled Glass, Copic MultiLiner .2, Pilot Medium Tip Silver Marker

PAPER: Cryogen White Paper, Recollections Gold Sparkle Paper, Tan Scrapbook Paper, Recollections 65 lb. Black Paper

ADHESIVE:  1/2" ScorTape,  Foam Tape

OTHER: Perfect Pearl Mist, Strathmore 300 Series 140 Lb. Cold Press Watercolor Paper, Distress Mini Foam Applicator Tools, Dispress Sprayer Bottle

3 comments:

Marika said...

This is so clever take on the class, love it! I'm so glad that you took it on to next level and made it yours! Great work! Can't wait to see what you create as we continue.

Bonnie said...

I LOVE your beautiful hydrangea, Jill! A beautiful and creative take on Marika's technique!

Joyce across the Pond said...

That's a great card - love the colours and the 'hydrangea' look which you got when you squiggled on it!