Thursday, January 11, 2018

Kitten Vanity

Hello Ai fans!

I decided to make a flat card with the Kitten Vanity Popcard 4945. I realize that the Popcards can be a bit intimidating, so I thought I'd show another way to use them. The sets have a bunch of stamps that can be used on a stand alone basis.  I gave my card some dimension with foam tape, but you can even make this a flat card.


I stamp all of the images using Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink because it is Alcohol Ink Friendly. I stamped the images onto Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth paper and die cut all of the images except for the drawer with the kitten sleeping in it.  I ended up fussy cutting that layer because the die cuts two slits in it for the Popcard mechanism.  


 I colored my images using mostly Copic markers and a few Spectrum Noir Alcohol markers.  All alcohol markers work well together. 
I used Copics unless I notate that I used Spectrum Noirs.
I list the kitten colors below.
Greens- Spectrum Noir YG1, YG3, Copic YG99
Pinks- R30, R32, R35, 
Browns- E31, E33, E35



 I used a few different coloring techniques for the kittens. All of the pinks you see is RV10.
 On the brown kittens, I applied the darker brown to the areas of the cat bodies that I wanted darker.  Then I came back in with a lighter color and pounced it over the entire dark area.  This created a fuzzy texture. I used Spectrum Noir Alcohol inks in RB1 and RB2 and Copic E30.
On the striped kittens, I flicked E30 in from the edges. I used E33 for the stripes.  
The kitten with darker points is E31 with the Spectrum Noir RB1 on the darkest parts. W1 is in the white areas. 

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

No comments: