Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Cat Crazy

Hello Ai fans!

It's no big secret that I love cats.  I have a few cats, but there are still days that I feel like this lady.  There are days when my cats all want of my attention.  No matter how many times I look at this image, I still laugh at it.! Today, I used Cat Lady TF 4340.  It's part of the TryFold collection, but I kept it as a one layer card.  I like to use the TryFold images in many different ways than they were first intended.  It stretches out the life and value of your stamps.


I started by stamping all three parts of the stamp set onto Canson XL Watercolor paper with Jet Black Archival ink. I used my Faber Castell Albrecht Durer watercolor pencils and the fine tip Tim Holtz water brush to add color to my images.  I pulled color directly from the tip of my pencil with the tip of my water brush.  I added it to my image starting in the darker areas and spreading the colors out.  I added two layers of color.  Once everything was dry, I can in and added in shadows with my Prismacolor colored pencils.  I used Gamsol and a blending stump to spread out the pencils. I used a black glaze pen on all of the open eyes to add shine. The background of the card is patterned paper for the from American Crafts Cedar Lane 6x6 paper pack. I fussy cut out all three of the images and added them to the background with different heights of foam tape.  I added the greeting onto a string and "hung" it on a brad to make it look like a picture.


Watercolor Pencils Used:
Face - Burnt Ochre, Burnt Carmine for blush
Cats - Cool IV, Black, Burnt Ochre, Burnt Umber
Brown furniture - Walnut Black
Blue- Prussian Blue
Red - Madder

Prismacolor colors used:
Sienna Brown, 945, French Grey 70% 1074, Yellow Ochre 942

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

No comments: