Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Shepherd Window

Hello Ai fans!

Today's card is part of Layton's Legacy Card Drive and Fundraiser Blog Hop. I used the Shepherd Window 4986 block stamp from Hobby Lobby.  I used the mood board combined with my papers to pick my colors.  In the end, my colors strayed quite a bit from the mood board, but I really like how everything ended up.



I Stamped the Shepherd Window stamp onto Canson XL Watercolor paper with Jet Black Archival Ink.  I painted the image using Marvy LePlume II markers that I scribbled onto the Ai travel palette.  I just added the color to my paper in light layers until I had the depth of color I was looking for.  I used Black 1, Olive green 15, Prussian Blue 29 and Brownish Grey 40 to color in my image. Once the image was colored, I cut it out along the straight lines because the words weren't very clear on the watercolor paper.  I stamped another image with Onyx Black Versafine ink onto smooth white paper and attached the colored square over the words.



On the card, the top layers edge was cut with a die from the Tim Holtz Stitched Oval set. The oval die is the Double Stitched Oval STAX from MFT.  The word hugs is from Momenta. I made an Ai 3-D frame from American Crafts Cedar Lane 6x6 patterned paper. All of the edges are inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The frame is lined with a piece of patterned paper from the Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Winter 6x6 Collection. I used foam tape to attach my colored image to the center of the frame. 

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

No comments: