Thursday, June 28, 2018

Patriotic Color Challenge

Hello Ai fans!

This week on the Ai blog we are having a Patriotic color Challenge.  I chose to use more rustic, Americana type colors as opposed to the usual bright red, white and blue for my card.  I just thought they really went well with the Eagles Window 4880 image I used.  I thought it was very fitting to use the Eagle image because it is a symbol of freedom.


I stamped my image onto Canson XL watercolor paper with Jet Black Archival Ink.  I colored it using the Marvy LePlume II markers.  I scribbled the markers onto the Watercolor palette and used my #4 Brush to add the color to my image.  I added the color in layers starting with light color.   I used black 1 and Dark Brown 18 on the eagle, trees and mountains.  I used Olive Green 15 on the trees and grass, and African Violet 86 on the Sky and Water. I was thinking of adding a splash of white gesso over everything to make it look more like the background paper, but I tried a light mist of bleach and it worked perfectly.  I got a very light mist of white splatter.



Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

No comments: