Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Sloth Flip Card

Hello Ai fans!

I have a soft spot for the flip cards and just keep making them.  These Sloth Flip Card might be my favorite.  I always seem to say that about the newest card I make until I make another one.  I can't be the only one that does that!
I used the Flip Card Die to cut the card base, but you could follow the directions on your stamp set to make the card base yourself.  The images were stamped onto Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth paper with Gina K Designs Black Amalgam Ink and colored with Copic markers.  The colors used are listed at the end of this post. I was channeling my inner Sandy Allnock when I did the pile of leaves.  I masked off the bottom of the sloths and used the nibs of my markers to draw in the leaves. I used a fine tip Sharpie to draw in a very simple tree trunk above the sloths before I colored it in.
I wasn't happy with the fact that my Copic coloring could be seen from the back of the card, so I added a white layer to the back of the card. Then I added in the greetings with a Versafine Clare Nocturne Ink pad. 
Copic Colors Used:
Sloth #1 - E21, E11, E31, W3, W5, W7
Sloth #2 - E31, E33, E35
Leaves - YG03, YG24, YG63, YG67
Tree Trunk - E31, E33, E35, E37, E39

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

No comments: