Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Succulent Shaker Card

Hello Ai fans!

I used the Succulents set to make a recessed shaker card. I've been wanting to try one for a while and I thought this was the perfect stamp set because it comes with matching dies.
I cut a piece of Strathmore Bristol smooth paper with the Rectangle A2 Double Stitched Dies and stamped my images with VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink before I colored them with my Tombow Dual Brush markers.  The colors used are listed at the end of this post. I  layered the four images by stamping the center succulent first and then cutting a mask from masking paper and adding it over the image before stamping the succulents on both sides.  I then created one more mask for the succulent on the right and stamped the small succulent above it.. I also stamped the greeting and cut it with the Flag Double Stitched Dies and edged it with Salty Ocean Distress ink.
I cut a another piece of Bristol paper with the Rectangle A2 Double Stitched Dies to create the top of the shaker.  Holding the top layer over the colored image, I lined up the center succulent image die cut and cut it out.  I did the same with the other four succulents until the entire window was cut around all of the succulents.  I flipped the piece of paper around and added a piece of acetate to the back of the opening. It was then time to add the foam tape.  I applied it around all of the succulents making sure there were no gaps.  I also added it around the outside of the rectangle to support the entire top layer.  I added clear confetti over the succulents and sandwiched the two pieces together. I layered that onto an A2 white card that had a layer of Simple Stories Snap Color Vibe 6" x 6" patterned paper.  
Tombow Dual Brush Brush Markers Used:
Teal - 349 Jade Green
Green - 228 Gray Green, 249 Hunter Green
Pink - 725 Rhodamine Red
Blue - 493 Reflex Blue, 565 Deep Blue 

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

No comments: