Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Cake Twist Birthday Card

Hello Ai fans!

I am loving all of the new twisters release.  I combined the Cake Twist set with the Twist Frame Set to make a really fun and colorful birthday card.
I started by stamping the images onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper with Versafine Claire Nocturne Ink and colored them with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers.  The colors used are listed at the end of this post. I then cut the images out with the matching dies that come in the stamp set and glue them together. I cut Happy Birthday from the Twist Frame Die.  I made an outer layer by tracing around the outside of the die onto white card stock and fussy cutting it with my detail scissors.  I colored the Happy Birthday with Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink and attached it to the white layer.
I blended three Distress Oxide inks onto a piece of white card stock with Picket Fence Life Changing Brushes.  I used Cracked Pistachio, Spun Sugar and Broken China inks.   I cut the blended piece of paper out with the Oval Double Stitched Dies and blended the edges with Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink.  The oval is attached to a piece of paper from the Echo Park Let's Party 6" x 6" paper collection that was cut with the Rectangle A2 Double Stitched Dies. Both layers were attached to an A2 card before I used the Twist Frame Die to cut an opening from the center of the oval. I put the cake twist into the opening and attached the Happy Birthday with foam tape.

Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers Used:
Flowers - 025 Pink
Leaves - 041 Light Green
Cake - 054 Pale Orange
Icing - 026 Light Pink, 031 Cobalt Blue
Cake Stand - 050 Yellow

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

No comments: