Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Twist and Pop Hydrangea Birthday Card

Hello Ai fans!

This birthday card has a secret.  When you open it, it pops out at the recipient. I used the SBC Exclusive Hydrangea Set to create this Twist and Pop card. The Hydrangea Set is only available on Scrapbook.com.  They now have five exclusive Ai flower sets.
I used just three colors of Tombow Dual Brush markers on all of the images.  I placed the stamp onto my stamp platform and colored directly onto the flower portion of the stamp with 703 pink and 636 Imperial Purple  markers and stamped it onto a piece of Strathmore 140 Lb. cold pressed watercolor paper. I then colored onto the leaf section of the stamp with 228 Gray Green and stamped it again.  I then spread the color around with my #4 brush and very little water.  Because the stamp was still on my stamp platform, I was able to add more color to any areas that didn't stamp properly.  I stamped the greeting with the purple marker.  Then I splattered the image with the purple and pink markers and edged them with the purple marker. I made one large piece for the front and four small pieces for the inside of the card.
I used the Amazing Paper Grace Elegant Swivel and Sashay Card Dies from Spellbinders to create the twist and pop element.  It was an easy way to make this fun element.  You can look it up on YouTube if you want to make this card without any dies.



Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

1 comment:

Dot J Freel said...

Beautiful card and I just love the inside!!!