Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Happy Birthday Dad!


My dad celebrated his birthday last week & I knew just which stamp image I was going to use for his card. My father has had his piloted small planes since he was in college.  I'd had the Art Impressions His & Her's Flying High Michael's Stamp set in my collection for quite some time.  I knew I wanted to watercolor it, but I wasn't sure of the colors until I saw a video from Kristina Werner last week.  She colored an envelope with a plane on it using Vintage Photo & Ground Espresso Distress Inks.  I paired Those colors up with the colors from the Tim Holtz Correspondence  paper collection.  


I love the way my distress inks went on the Strathmore paper.  I smushed my ink pads directly onto the Art Impressions Waterolor Palette & lifted the color off with my brushes.


Here's the You Tube Video!






No comments: