Thursday, November 23, 2017

New Ai stamps at Michaels!

Hello Ai fans!

You really need  to check out the four new Ai stamp sets that are now in Michael's stores. There are two pop card sets that include the dies and two sets featuring the wonderful girlfriends.  All four sets will be sure to put a smile on your face.

Today I am using the Santa PopCard SC0803. I'm a bit partial to the pop cards because they include the dies you need to cut out all of the images including the pop card template. Remember that your package also includes all of the directions that you need to put it together.  If you need some extra help, go to the Art Impressions You Tube channel.



I cut the template with a piece of acetate.  It looks better and is easier to put everything together at the end when it's acetate.  The images are stamped onto Canson XL watercolor paper with Jet Black Archival ink.  I used very few colors of Tim Holtz Distress Inks to color in my Santa Clause.   It was my goal to keep these easy so I could make several of these as my Christmas cards.  They were really easy to do because of all the white space on this image.  




I used a #4 Watercolor Brush and plain water to color.  Once everything was dry, I added a very light amount of Diamond Stickles to all of the areas on Santa Clause that have hair. 
The Distress Ink colors I used are:
Face- Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo, Worn Lipstick
Fur- Pumice Stone
Clothes- Fired Brick
Bag- Forest Moss

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!


1 comment:

Karen Day said...

Jil - he's wonderful! I love that he's peeking out of the glittery window :o)