Thursday, April 19, 2018

Lighthouse Circlet MTF

Hello Ai fans!


I am a huge fan of all things Try Fold so I just fell in love with the new Circlet Mini Try Folds (MTF).  There are so many different ways you can use them.  I'm sure we're just starting to see some of the ways.  I did a rectangle card today to show you that you don't always have to make a circle card with these.  I put it together like a traditional MTF and would have used the pre-made cards available from Ai, but I was working with water so I made my card base out of Bristol paper.


Today I used the Lighthouse Circlet MTF 4979. This set comes with the stamps and dies.  I followed the directions on the packaging to cut and score my card. I stamped the first stamp in the top section of my card using SSS Intense Black Ink.  I lined up the matching die and cut it out.  I used a sharp pencil and gently traced the opening through to the middle flap.  I used the pencil lines to line up the next stamp before I stamped it with the same ink.  I lined up the proper die and cut it out.  This time, I traced the opening with my pencil onto the back flap and used the pencil lines to line up my last stamp.  Once all three images were stamped out, I erased the pencil lines.


I then cut two circle masks using the masking paper. I placed one over the circle image on the front panel.  I also used a large strip of the same masking paper and stuck it along the fold of the card.  I used a mini ink blending tool to blend Broken China and Faded Jeans Distress Oxide Inks across the front of the panel.  Once I had the colors the way I liked them, I spritzed them with the Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer and let the water sit for about 30 seconds.  I blotted the water off with a paper towel.  That created white marks on the ink.  Then I mixed some Perfect Pearl colored Perfect Pearls with water and splattered it all over the panel for a touch of sparkle.  Once it was all dry, I removed the masks.  I repeated the same process on the next panel using Squeezed Lemonade and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide Inks.


I colored in the images using my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and my #4 Brush. It was quite fast to color in the images. I used the following colors:
Fence - Beige 72, Mid Brown 65
Greens - Mid Green 46, Olive Green 43
Ocean - Cobalt Blue 31, Cornflower Blue 37
Lighthouse- Blue Gray 92, Carmine Red 22
Sky - Haze Blue



Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

1 comment:

Dandi93 said...

Beautiful card Jil and your backgrounds are fabulous