Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Roomba Cat Card

Hello Ai fans!

I am in love with the Housework Set that was released not too long ago.  It has some hilarious  images and a bunch of funny sayings.  I really couldn't decide on which saying I was going to add because I loved them all.  I did have a clear vision of what I wanted to do for this card.  I wanted that cat in motion!  I made a simple slider card and had fun playing with the results.
The main and sentiment were stamped onto a rectangle of Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth paper with Gina K Designs Black Amalgam Ink and colored with Copic markers. The cat was stamped onto an extra piece of paper with the same ink and fussy cut leaving a small white border around the image.  The colors used are listed at the end of this post. I also stamped the woman onto a scrap of the patterned paper and cut out her dress and attached it to the image with Ranger Multi Medium in matte. The Spectrum Noir paper and a piece of Carta Bella Spring Market 6" X 6" patterned paper were cut with the Rectangle A2 Double Stitched Dies.
As I said, the slider part is simple to make. The patterned paper was attached to a white top fold A2 card. I then used the curved die from Lawn Fawn Slide on Over dies to cut out the slider at the bottom of the colored panel. Once it was cut I added a double layer of foam tape to the top portion of the panel.  I also added a 1/4" of tape along the side, but still a double layer. This was attached to the card base. I didn't add any adhesive to the bottom because this is where the cat will be sliding back and forth. I cut a piece of paper in the shape of the roomba, but a bit bigger than the stamped image to go behind the cat. I set the piece of paper into the slider track on the card and then attached two 1/4" foam dots to the center of it then pressed the cat image to the center of it.  Now the image moves back and forth along the track.  It doesn't move as fast as some other images that only have one foam dot behind them, but this cat looks like he'd be moving around slowly.  
Copic Colors Used:
Face: E000, E00, E11, Rv11
Hair - E31, E33, E35
Gray - C0, C1, C3, C5
Yellow - Y13, Y26, Y28
Blue - B000, B02
Green - YG61, YG63, YG65Cat - W00, W1, W3, W5, RV11

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

No comments: