Thursday, March 5, 2020

Home Sweet Home Challenge Card

Hello Ai fans!

It's week two of the Home Sweet Home Challenge on the Art Impressions blog.  We are celebrating the release of eight new watercolor stamp sets.  Be sure to check it out and enter a card because you can win great prizes. I used the new Large Cabin Set and the Decorative post set to create my cards..
I used Tombow Dual Brush markers to add color to my stamps using the Art Impressions watercolor method.  If you didn't know, you can see a new technique video on their YouTube channel every Wednesday.  I added 565 Deep Blue and 969 Chocolate to the entire image using the side of my markers and stamped it onto a piece of Strathmore 140lb watercolor paper.  I used my #4 brush to pull the color out of the lines. I then scribbled 526 True Blue, 565 Deep Blue and 098 Avocado onto my WC Palette.  I painted the color onto the house using my brush. I stamped the tiny grass from the Foliage Set using 177 Dark Jade.  Then I added the tiny Flowers from the Flower set using 636 Imperial Purple.  I also added some vines along the sides of the house using the vine from the Foliage Set and added the flowers from the Flower Set using 725 Rhodamine Red.  I used a damp brush to pull out the color from those images. As a final touch I stamped the wrought iron posts from the Decorative Post Set with N25 Lamp Black. The entire scene is cut out using the Oval Double Stitched Dies.
The A2 white card is covered with a piece of paper from the Carta Bella Botanical Garden 6" x 6" paper. A contrasting piece from the same collection was added to the center of the card.  I cut another piece of paper with the Banner Double Stitched Dies and attached to the card with foam adhesive.  The greeting and the scene were also attached to the card with a layer of foam tape.  


Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

No comments: