Thursday, June 11, 2020

Animals and Nature Challenge Frog Card

Hello Ai fans!


I used the  Frog stamp set to make a pop up flag card.  The card is flat, but when you open the  folds a secret image pops up.
I started by stamping the frog images onto Strathmore watercolor paper with Memento Espresso Truffle Ink and colored them with Daniel Smith watercolors.  I used my small scissors to fussy cut both images. I've listed the colors I used at the end of the post.
I cut a white piece of cardstock to 5 1/2" x 6 1/4" and scored it at 4 1/4" and 5 1/4" along the long side.  I also cut a piece of 2" x 6 1/4" white card stock and cut the top with the Lawn Fawn Grass die.  I then scored it at 1" and 2".  I used the MFT Cloud stencil along with Stormy Sky Distress Ink and a Mini Ink Dabber.  I colored the small piece with Bundled Sage Distress Ink.  I splattered water over both pieces to create white splatters.  The frog is on a flag from the Mama Elephant Flag Pop Up die.  I just followed their directions on where to add the flag so it pops up when the card is opened.  I then used tacky glue to attach the front panel and the frogs.
Daniel Smith Watercolors Used:
Single Frog - Sap Green
Frogs - Undersea Green, Indian Red, Sap Green
Cake - Phthalo Turquoise, Ultramarine Blue


Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!


No comments: