Sunday, October 4, 2009

World Card Making Day

Today was World Card Making Day. So, what did I do today you ask? How many cards did I make? None! I didn't make one single card today. I've been making several cards a day for the last few weeks & I choose World Card Making Day to make no cards. Of course, this doesn't mean I was in my stamp room for hours today. I was working on holiday goodies. I made little coffin boxes for the yearly Halloween party we have with the boys. I used my Ultimate Crafters Companion tool to make coffin shaped boxes that have yet to be decorated. I also started working on some Christmas decorations. My long awaited Stowlake One Shapabilities arrived today. They are as awesome as I thought they would be! I'll have to get the Snowflakes 2 set. I can see making several ornaments with these. I don't have any samples yet. The glitter is drying on the first two ornaments.
The Snowflakes dies were really easy to use. I just put them with some scraps of paper and ran all 5 shapes through my Cuttlebug at one time. Then I embossed them & made another set(for the back.) I stuck them all together with foam tape & then glittered them with some stickles. They would be dry, but I had to re-glitter them after my cat sat on them. You should have seen me folowing him to get one of the snowflakes off of his back! I'll post them soon.



This is a card I made a few years ago. It's one of my favorite Christmas cards. It's from a Make & Take I did at Impressions From the Heart when they were still open. We made a simpler card with the flower image. It was just a basic technique showing them how to blend Tombo markers with a waterbrush. It;s a really simple technique with stunning results. Each flower used just two colors.

This is the card open from two different views. The greetings are from Penny Black. The birds are from Hero Arts. The holly leaves are from Magents. I'm not sure about the large flower. It was a store stamp & I don't have it.

No comments: