Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Distress Oxide Painting & Background Featuring Lawn Fawn Hoppy Easter


I am in love with my Distress Oxide ink pads.  I just couldn't wait to get another chance to paint with them again.  I figured that it would be fun to do a cut image with them this time.  I also wanted to start some of my Easter cards.  I decided that it might be fun to make these bunnies look plastic like Easter eggs so I picked a few bright colors to paint them with.  I stamped them & their accessories onto my Strathmore 140 lb. watercolor paper using my Jet Black Archival ink.  I just painted with the Oxide ink using my #4 paint brush.  I added the shine marks towards the end after everything was dry.  I cut the images out, but you could use the matching die cuts.  The middle image is attached with a mini action wobble spring.  Right after I attached it in the video my cat saw it & started playing with it.  It's priceless!


The background is done onto a #8 manilla tag. I used the smooshing technique and three Distress Oxide inks.  I used Worn Lipstick, Cracked Pistachio & Broken China.  The bunnies are painted with Wilted Violet, Broken Chine & Cracked Pistachio. The smooshing technique is rather simple.  You smoosh your ink pad onto your Ranger craft sheet & spray it with water, then take a piece of plastic & tap it into the ink & tap it onto your paper.  That is what created the drops on my background.  I find it gives me way more control & smaller dots.  You can see the entire technique in the video below.  Be sure to watch to the end to see Ceasar playing with the action wobble bunny.  It's really cute! Thanks for stopping by!  Jil
All supplies are listed after the video.  Compensated affiliated links are used. 



   


No comments: