Thursday, June 29, 2017

Magic Slider Cards Without a Die Cut


Hello Everyone!

    I'm blogging again after being quite sick.  I've put up a few video's, but no blog posts.  Sorry about that.  We went to a wedding in North Dakota with almost all of the family.  My oldest son, Kane, had to stay behind to work.  We missed him, but understand that work is always priority. The land there is so beautiful.  We enjoyed every minute of it, but it was also great to be home.  

   I love how older card making trends become new again.  One of them was shaker cards & the latest is the magic slider card.  When Lawn Fawn came out with the die cut set to make them I almost bought it, but I wasn't very eager to part with my $40.  In the back of my head I knew I could make my own without too much effort.  I also didn't think that I would make too many of them. Any of you that know me know that I have no problem buying things if I think I'll use them.  So I decided to design my own magic slider card without the dies.  I came up with a simple method & still have the money. I filmed the entire process, but the video didn't translate to my movie maker.  I'm not sure why.  I'll have to look into it.  I may just post it as is soon if I can't get it fixed to give you the idea of how I did it with the measurements. 


Here is the raccoon card with the window closed.

As it starts opening.
Almost there.
Finally open.

I also did the same style of card using a dragon image for my husbands 30th birthday which was Tuesday.  It came out really cute & he just loved it.  This is a really fun card to make because it has that WOW factor. Here are some pics of the dragon card.


Here it is closed. I left off the sequins for his card.


I added the 30 die cut into the inside.  I left the dragons beard white so everything wasn't so dark.


Here is a closer view of the front.  Sorry about the glare.  I just love how this image came out.  The StazOn ink on the Acetate almost looks embossed.

I'll have the video up on you tube soon & I'll post it here.  As always the supplies are listed below. 
 Compensated links are used.  By clicking on them to make your purchases you are helping me to keep my blog active.  


   



No comments: