Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Sleeping Doe Watercolor

Hello Ai fans!

When I first saw this new watercolor release the doe sleeping under the tree image was my absolute favorite.  I knew I wanted to recreate that image from the packaging.  I just needed to think of a way to work it into a card.  My birthday was two weeks ago and my sweet friend, Tere, gave me several pretty card bases.  As soon as I saw them I knew one design would be perfect for my doe scene! I love it when things work out like that.


I started with a piece of Canson XL watercolor paper.  I inked up my tree from the WC Tree Set 1 5010 with Sepia and stamped the tree in the center of the paper and did not pull the color from the lines. I used my Acrylic Stamp Positioner to add the doe from the WC Mini Critter Set 5016 with Black. I used Brown with my Brush that I scribbled onto my Watercolor Palette to add color to the tree and the doe.  Once I'd added enough color to the doe, I used the fine tip of the Black marker to add back any lost features. I used Stamping Mask Paper to create a mask for the doe. Once it was covered, I used the tall grass from the WC Foliage Set 3 5007 with Olive Green to add in the grass around the doe.  I used my brush to pull the color up from the grass. I added leaves to the tree from the WC Foliage Set 3 5007 with Olive Green and used my damp Brush to pull out some color. I inked the three tiny blooms from the WC Mini Flower Set 3 5009 with Magenta and stamped it over the leaves and used my damp Brush to pull out some color.  I used the WC Flower Set 3 5008 and inked up the stem with Olive Green and inked up the bloom with Magenta.  I stamped it a few times below the tree.  I pulled the mask off of to reveal my untouched doe.  I used a circle die cut to cut out the entire scene.


I selected a single piece of pattern paper that would match everything on my card because it would show from the back to the front.  I chose a piece from the Pebbles Garden Party 6x6 paper pad and attached it to the inside of the card. I used a decorative die cut to cut the circle in the top portion of the card front where you would see the scene.  I attached my doe scene to the inside of the card so you could see it through the opening.Then I used Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide Ink to stamp the greeting.  I also added several different colored acrylic gems along the scallops on the card front using my jewel picker.  I selected them to match the paper.


Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

1 comment:

Tere Maldo said...

Absolutely a beautiful card! What was the name & brand of the circle die? It's so pretty! TFS. Tere