Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Dog Spinner Card

Hello Ai fans!

I used the Dog Twist stamp set to make a spinner card. It only required a few simple cuts to converted it from a Twist to a spinner. You can do this with all of the twist sets. 
I started by stamping the images onto Canson XL watercolor paper with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink. I then colored it with Daniel Smith watercolor.  I used Burnt Sienna, Goethite and Burnt Umber for the dog.
I cut both sides of the dog with the matching dies and held them together.  I then cut off the top and bottom tabs.  I used the oval die to cut an opening in the front of an A2 card front.  I then glued a strip of decorative paper to another piece of decorative paper from the Doodlebug Puppy Love 6" x 6" paper pad.  I then cut the same oval from the decorative paper and added foam tape to the back. I attached a piece of twine over the card opening and attache it with double stick adhesive.  I then placed the back half of the dog image under the twine and applied glue to the image. I then placed the front of the dog over the back of the dog to form a sandwich around the twine and held it in place so the glue would hold. I then stuck the decorative layer onto the card front.  I stamped the greeting onto a scrap of the watercolor paper and cut it into a thin strip and added it to the card. 

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

No comments: